Do’s and Don’ts
- Inform us / communicate us / provide us immediately the brief details about the incident giving rise to a claim, assess the estimated loss amount on preliminary level so that the details and other details are reviewed and the claim is lodged with the insurer.
- Take all reasonable precautions to minimise the loss and prevent further loss, damage or liability.
- Notify the Police Authorities immediately of any theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or lost property since the insurers may call for copies of the incident report and the police report to support the event.
- Provide us any letter or communication received by the client from third parties for our review and take up with the insurers.
- Inform us / communicate us / provide us immediately of any notice of impending prosecution or official inquiry received by the client for our review and take up with the insurers.
- Preserve all the damaged items, appliances, equipments, plants or other items which may prove necessary or useful as evidence till the claim is fully & finally settled.
- The claim documentations are to be necessarily reviewed by us before submission to the insurer to process the claim.
- Do not authorise repairs to or arrange replacement of any insured property without the insurer’s written consent, other than emergency repairs necessary to prevent further loss or further damage or for safety reasons. Retain all payment proofs for emergency repairs.
- Do not dispose of damaged property until the insurer has had the opportunity to inspect the same.
- Do not admit liability even if you think you are at fault.
- Do not make an offer, promise, settlement, or payment.